We have outlined the terms & conditions that you and your pet must meet to use our cat accommodation. Below is a quick check-in list, so you know what to bring for your pet to be comfortable.
- A current vaccination (F3 minimum) within the past 12 months. A vaccine certificate must be shown.
- Flea/worm treatment before booking in.
- Any medications clearly labelled with your cat’s name accompanied with any instructions.
- Any special foods or special feeding instructions for your cat.
- We provide bedding at Hillview Cattery; however, if you wish to bring a small blanket, lovie or item of clothing of yours for your cat, please feel free to do so. (Note: do not wash your item beforehand).
Hillview Cattery Terms & Conditions
- i) Vaccinations: All cats must have an F3 vaccination at a minimum within the past 12 months. A current vaccination certificate must be provided. You can send us a copy of your current certificate by email/text (we will acknowledge receipt) or bring the original with you on the day of drop off. A copy will be retained for our records.
- ii) Flea/worm Control: We require our clients to apply a flea/worm treatment to their cat before boarding (Advocate, Revolution or similar). If fleas are detected, your cat will be treated with Advocate (at cost) and charged to your account.
iii) Early Pick-up: Please be careful when choosing dates for boarding. Fees are payable for the number of nights you have booked, not the number of nights your pet stays with us. This is in line with industry practice. However, we do allow a 24-hour grace period for early pick-ups except during peak periods*. This means that if you arrive back a day early and wish to pick up your pet that day, you will not be charged for the extra night. For each day more than one day early, however, you will be charged. For example, if you pick up three days early, you will be charged for two extra nights. During peak periods, demand significantly outweighs supply, and we are keen to assist as many customers as possible. When pets are checked out days in advance of their scheduled date at these times, the opportunity to help other customers is affected and leaves us with unnecessary vacancies which generally cannot be filled at short notice.
*Peak periods are defined as bookings for Christmas, New Year, Easter, Long Weekends and all School Holidays.
- iv) Late Check-Out: On your pets last day with us, we offer a late check-out up to 6.00 pm in the evening at no extra cost. Please note, however, that during peak periods, your pet may be moved for a short time on their last day of boarding to a sheltered garden holding suite to enable us to prepare the existing suite for a new arrival. Please note that an extra day of boarding may be charged if you pick up after closing time.
- v) Emergency Treatment: We have a 24 Hour on-call arrangement with the Colac Vet Clinic. In the event of an emergency, we will arrange for your pet to be provided with whatever treatment is considered necessary at that time in consultation with the vet. All costs will be charged to the owner. We also require permission from owners to allow their veterinarian to give us full details about their pet. Naturally, in the first instance, we will always endeavour to contact you immediately to discuss the situation.
- vi) Non-Collection of Pet: If you do not pay your fees, your pet will not be released to you and instead will be treated in terms of the Domestic Animals Act 1994. However, this does not release the owner from your liability to pay outstanding fees.
vii) Disclosure of information: We require owners to provide us with all necessary information regarding their pet to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our staff, your cat and other pets in our care. This is provided on our Registration Form.
viii) Duty of care: We will take all reasonable care for your pet; however, we cannot be held liable or responsible for injury, death, or loss of any kind or expenses relating to the aforementioned that may occur whilst your pet is residing at our facility.
- ix) Photography: We like to update photographs on our website and other social media platforms from time to time (such as Facebook and Instagram). In this regard, we use unidentified photos of pets staying at our facility. If you do not wish for us to use photographs of your pet, there is a provision on our Registration Form to opt-out.
- x) Payment terms: Payments for services are usually payable at the end of your pet’s stay with us, with the exception of peak periods where payment is required at check-in. At peak periods (Christmas/New Year, Easter, School Holidays), we usually require a non-refundable deposit or full payment to secure your booking. For your convenience, EFTPOS and Credit Card facilities are available at no extra charge. We also accept cash. Cheques can only be accepted by prior arrangement.